Come join the fun and create a Halloween, Christmas, or whenever light show (karaoke, dance party anyone?). LightShow Pi will synchronize the lights to music using your Raspberry Pi as the central controller (i.e. no external computer necessary). LightShow Pi automates the entire creation of a light show using the frequency spectrum of the music that is playing!
There are also many community built add ons, including SMS control (e.g. changing the volume via sms, or allow your neighbors to vote for the next song in the show), pre and post show lighting configuration, and many more! Welcome to the community, we hope you enjoy the fun!
We have an extremely active community of like-minded and capable individuals to help you with your own DIY Raspberry Pi based light show. Come join the discussions / get help / have fun in our G+ community!
Version 1.1 of LightShow Pi has been released. It contains the following changes that have been made over the past few months thanks to an AWESOME community!
- piFM support (thanks to )
- audio-in support (thanks to
- command line play-list generator (thanks to )
- enhancements to preshow configuration, including per-channel control (thanks to )
- support for expansion cards, including mcp23s17,mcp23017 (thanks to Chris Usey)
- updated to support RPi B+ (thanks to )
- clarification on comments and in-code documentation (thanks to , , and )
- other misc bug fixes (see Issues list for more details)
As of this posting, all of the above changes are in the stable branch, which you can update using git with the following command from your install location:
git fetch && git checkout stable
There is also a Version 1.1 branch that will capture the current stable branch, while the stable branch will continue to be updated as new features are added and considered "stable".
Thanks again for an awesome community! Looking forward to all the light shows this December!
P.S. I've pulled in the first version of's awesome web ui - still testing things there, but you can take an early look if interested at the webui branch:
git fetch && git checkout webui